Body aging is a natural physiological process. With age, the mechanisms of work of internal systems change, there is a gradual destabilization of vital functions. One of the most unpleasant consequences of old age is a decrease in sexual activity. For many men, the decline of reproductive function causes a feeling of inferiority, provokes prolonged depression, fear, self-doubt and other psychological problems.
Is it possible to increase potency in men after 60 and what methods are the most effective?
Signs of incipient erectile dysfunction
The decrease in potency occurs gradually, while each man has an individual age of onset of changes in the sexual sphere. Depending on the characteristics of the body and lifestyle, an erection may weaken after 45-50 years or, conversely, persist until old age. To maintain sexual activity, it is very important to determine the beginning impotence as early as possible and take all possible measures.
The main signs of beginning problems in the genital area are as follows:
- for the onset of a full erection, more and more time is required;
- the penis fills with blood, but does not reach its usual size and elasticity even at the peak of sexual arousal;
- sensations during intimacy and sexual discharge become less vivid;
- after the onset of ejaculation, the penis quickly returns to its normal state;
- the intervals between sexual intercourses increase, a man needs more and more time in order to fully recover;
- the skin on the scrotum becomes saggy, and the testicles decrease in size.
Given the natural age-related physiological changes, potency in men at the age of 60 is considered normal in the presence of periodic spontaneous nocturnal erections and 3-5 sexual intercourses per month.
When the first signs of incipient erectile dysfunction appear, you should contact a urologist to choose the most appropriate way to maintain potency.
Why is potency reduced?
The main reason that affects men's health after 60 years is a change in hormonal balance. With age, there is a decrease in testosterone production and a slowdown in the synthesis of dihydrotestosterone, the most active androgen that affects the activity of sperm maturation, sexual desire and erection.
Additional factors that provoke sexual impotence include the following:
- For many couples, sex after 60 becomes monotonous and becomes a habit. The loss of external attractiveness of the partner and repetitive postures do not cause sufficient excitement for a full erection.
- The cause of impotence can be regular physical overwork, as well as constant psychological stress, stress, family quarrels.
- Often, intimate life in old age fades due to the presence of bad habits and overeating.
- The lack of physical activity leads to the development of stagnant processes and impaired blood flow in the pelvic area.
- Some chronic diseases of the kidneys, bladder, nervous and cardiovascular systems can aggravate the situation and increase the risk of sexual impotence.
Strengthening of potency in men after 60 years
How to improve erectile function in old age?
Due to the physiological changes taking place in the body, it is much more difficult to restore potency to a mature man than to a young one. This requires an integrated approach, including the correction of nutrition, daily routine and physical activity, taking medications, doing exercises, etc.
Treatment of impotence in men after 60 years
In most cases, improving erectile function in old age is impossible without drug therapy. First of all, it is necessary to be examined for the presence of concomitant diseases that provoke sexual impotence, and to carry out the necessary treatment.
Since the main reason for the decrease in sexual activity is hormonal imbalance, many men are advised to take drugs that increase the concentration of androgens. Most often, testosterone enanthate is used for this purpose, which is administered intramuscularly once every two weeks. Medicines to increase the concentration of hormones are also available in the form of tablets, ointments, patches.
Treatment of impotence after 60 years with the use of drugs that stimulate the production of testosterone should be carried out exclusively under medical supervision with periodic monitoring of hormonal levels.
Besides,male potency treatmentmay require the use of:
- medicationsto relieve spasms from peripheral blood vessels (Yohimbine, Doxazosin, Omnic, Tamsulosin);
- antidepressants(if potency problems are related to psychology and psyche);
- erection stimulantsthat improve blood flow to the penis: phosphodiesterase inhibitors, dietary supplements, products based on natural extracts;
- vitamin complexes, which will enhance the effect of the main drugs and provide a general improvement in the condition.
What kind of means to enhance potency in old age is best to choose?
To select a cure for impotence at the age of 60 should only be a specialist. This is due to the presence of many drugs contraindications and restrictions. A man also needs to follow the recommendations regarding the dosage and regularity of taking the drugs.
Gymnastics for men after 60 years of impotence
The stability of an erection largely depends on the condition of the coccygeal-pubic muscle. To return potency and prevent disorders of sexual function, it is necessary to perform special gymnastics every day to train the pelvic muscles.
Physical exercises for men over 60 should include pelvic rotations, walking in place with knees raised, squats, walking on the buttocks, torso bends.
You can use special complexes designed to improve blood circulation in the pelvic veins and maintain the tone of muscle fibers. MostKegel complex is considered effective. It includes some simple exercises that you need to do 2-3 times a day. According to surveys, the benefits of such activities are noticeable after 4-6 weeks of daily training.
How to increase potency in men with folk remedies at 60 years old
In addition to the drug course, you can use folk methods to improve erection. The most effective means are:
- Alcohol tinctures of ginseng root, eleutherococcus, dead bee. In addition to influencing the reproductive system, they have a general strengthening effect, increase immunity, improve the functioning of the nervous system and tone up.
- A mixture of walnuts, ginger, honey and bee bread. Daily intake will providerestoration of potency after 60 years. The products that make up the mixture also contain a large amount of vitamins necessary for the normal functioning of all body systems.
- Herbal teas and decoctions of wild rose, thyme, dubrovnik, nettle, plantain, calamus. Mixtures of medicinal herbs have a complex cumulative effect, allowing you to increase potency and maintain the achieved effect for a long time. In adulthood, instead of the usual black or green tea, you can use drinks from a mixture of tea leaves with medicinal plants.
Despite the fact that the use of herbal tinctures, decoctions and teas has practically no contraindications, you should consult a urologist before using them.
How to increase the potency of a man after 60 years of nutrition?
There are a number of products that can positively affect the functioning of the organs of the reproductive system. These include:
- quail eggs;
- natural honey;
- beans and whole grain cereals;
- seafood and fatty varieties of sea fish;
- cottage cheese;
- sour cream;
- greens (parsley, dill, celery).
Daily consumption of fresh fruits, vegetables, natural juices, green tea will help increase potency. In adulthood, it is recommended to reduce the amount of salt, spices, pickles, hot sauces, fatty and high-calorie foods consumed. If possible, you should refuse sausages, muffins, sweets, strong coffee, fatty meats.
Such a diet will not only improve the general condition of the body, but also help in the fight against excess weight, which is one of the factors in early sexual dysfunction.
How to maintain potency until old age
Attention, warmth and contacts with other people, including physical ones, are necessary at any age. Older people need intimacy just as much as when they were younger. To prolong sexual activity and not become impotent for as long as possible, four basic rules must be observed:
- Take care of your health. Stopping smoking and excessive drinking, timely treatment of chronic diseases and prolongation of remission periods will significantly increase the chances of maintainingmale powerin old age.
- avoid abstinence. Regular sex will help to defeat impotence. You should try to diversify your sex life and not take long breaks between sexual intercourse. All this will allow you to get a bright orgasm after 60 years.
- Watch your weight and eat right. With age, the body's metabolism slows down. To maintain a stable body weight, you need to review your diet. nutrition. Every day, the body must receive enough vitamins, minerals and other essential substances for the body.
- Move. Daily physical activity contributes to normal blood circulation and tissue oxygenation. Walking, moderate physical activity, special exercises will help maintain good physical shape, which is very important for maintaining sexual activity.
Love, accompanied by full sex, is possible at almost any age. Compliance with the advice of experts, attentive attitude to one's health, lifestyle and nutrition correction, giving up bad habits - all this will help maintain potency until old age.
The sexual life of the elderly has many advantages. A man in his 60s is much more experienced as a lover than in his youth: he knows how to satisfy himself and his partner, does not have unrealistic expectations and is devoid of many stereotypes. If in youth young people are mainly concentrated on their feelings, then with age a more attentive attitude towards a woman appears, thanks to which sex with a man of 60 years old can bring much more pleasure.